🔥 MY OWN FIRE
Original Afrobeat Self-Love Song
Yeah yeah…
Ooh na-na…
I found my rhythm, I found my way,
Nobody fit take my light away.
Eh-eh…
This one is for me.
I woke up with the sun on my face,
Left yesterday in its own place,
No more chasing somebody’s dream,
I’m building mine, you know what I mean.
I got a little heart, but it beats so loud,
Walk through the rain and I still stand proud,
Every little scar made a stronger me,
Now I’m dancing with my destiny.
I don’t need a crowd to know I’m shining,
I don’t need a voice to tell me I’m rising,
Look in the mirror, what do I see?
A whole new woman looking back at me.
I got my own fire, fire, fire,
Burning higher, higher, higher,
Nobody can dim what I carry inside,
I’m riding my wave, I’m enjoying the ride.
My own fire, fire, fire,
Soul getting lighter, lighter, lighter,
I lost some things but I found my key,
Now I’m living, loving, becoming me.
Eh-eh, move your body,
Na my time, nobody stop me,
Oya, dance with me,
I’m free, I’m free, I’m free.
Eh-eh, feel the rhythm,
Peace in my heart, that’s my kingdom,
Left foot, right foot, let it go,
I know my worth and now I know.
I stopped counting all the times I fell,
Those little battles taught me well,
I don’t need to be perfect today,
I just need to keep moving my way.
Some people came, some people flew,
But every goodbye made room for new,
I bless the past, I release the pain,
Now I’m walking softly through my own lane.
I don’t need a crowd to know I’m shining,
I don’t need a voice to tell me I’m rising,
Look in the mirror, what do I see?
A whole new woman looking back at me.
I got my own fire, fire, fire,
Burning higher, higher, higher,
Nobody can dim what I carry inside,
I’m riding my wave, I’m enjoying the ride.
My own fire, fire, fire,
Soul getting lighter, lighter, lighter,
I lost some things but I found my key,
Now I’m living, loving, becoming me.
No permission, I’m stepping forward,
No comparison, I’m going upward,
My journey has its own beautiful pace,
I’m not behind, I’m exactly in place.
If tomorrow brings another storm,
I’ll remember who I’ve become,
With two strong feet and an open heart,
I’ll keep dancing, I’ll make my start.
Oh na-na, my own fire,
Oh na-na, taking me higher,
Oh na-na, this heart is free,
Nothing feels better than being me.
I got my own fire, fire, fire,
Burning higher, higher, higher,
Nobody can dim what I carry inside,
I’m riding my wave, I’m enjoying the ride.
My own fire, fire, fire,
Soul getting lighter, lighter, lighter,
This is my story, this is my key,
I’m living my life…
I’m finally me.
Yeah…
My own fire…
My own rhythm…
My own story…
My own life…
And I’m free. 🔥


No comments:
Post a Comment